Hart Energy proudly announces honorees for Oil and Gas Investor’s 2023 Forty Under 40 recognition program, which includes, Kanin Energy’s CEO and Co-founder, Janice Tran. This prestigious annual process began in 2016 and attracts strong support from the petroleum industry and the financial community. Honorees traditionally span varied organizations and disciplines: investment banks, oil and gas producers, midstream operators, service companies, and technology providers with responsibilities for management, acquisitions and divestitures, law, finance, and more.
Qualified individuals were nominated by peers, colleagues, or superiors in an open submission process. All are recognized for proven leadership and positive impact on their respective organizations. These role models demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem-solving, leadership, and community involvement.
Janice’s work highlights her accomplishments at Kanin Energy, providing waste heat to power and other industrial decarbonization solutions across Canada and the United States.
As in years past, video interviews and other special features with these individuals will be posted to HartEnergy.com. Editorial profiles of each honoree will also appear in a special supplement to Oil and Gas Investor.
The 2023 honorees for Oil and Gas Investor’s Forty Under 40 program are (alphabetically by surname):
- Shelly Albrecht, Vice President of Land, Avant Natural Resources
- Bailey Donovan Allen, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Chemicals, ChampionX
- Matt Autry, President, Oil & Gas, Valor
- Jillian Boldin, Director of Marketing & Optimization, DT Midstream
- Jeff Cook, Vice President of Exploration, Continental Resources
- Zach Davis, Executive Vice President & CFO, Cheniere Energy
- Syed Fahim, Global ESG Lead, SLB
- Sean Fitzgerald, Partner, Boomtown Oil
- Lehne S. George, Geoscience Manager, Marcellus Business Unit, Chesapeake Energy
- Jacqueline Gerst, Vice President of Storage, Carbonvert Inc.
- Travis Hancock, Co-Founder & Partner, Octagon Energy Partners; CFO, EnerVest Ltd.
- Ryan Hannemann, Portfolio Manager, Marathon Oil Co.
- Clayton J. Hewett, COO, Cardinal Midstream Partners
- Chris Hogan, Founding Partner, Hogan Thompson Schuelke LLP
- Joshua Holt, Co-Founder, CTO, WellDatabase
- Mathew Jarvis, CEO, Dark Horse Metals/Apex Capital Resources
- Patrick K. Johnson, Partner, Bracewell LLP
- Jody Jordan, Vice President of Business Development, Brazos Midstream
- Basak Kurtoglu, Managing Director and Head of Technical, Quantum Capital Group
- Robert M. Lee, CEO & Co-Founder, Dragos
- James Liu, Managing Director, Wincoram Asset Management
- Daniel S. Lupus, Senior Vice President – Acquisitions & Divestitures, Hilcorp
- Shannon Manner, Vice President, Business Development, Noble Royalties
- Jonathon W. McCartney, Senior Vice President, Land & Legal, Double Eagle Natural Resources
- Siddarth Misra, Associate Professor, Texas A&M University
- Jackie Palmer, CEO, GeoVision; President, DataLog
- Yogashri Pradhan, Reservoir Engineer, Coterra
- Shaun Prestridge, Vice President, Planning & Budgeting, LLOG Exploration
- Brittany Raiford, Director, Investor Relations, Southwestern Energy
- Brett Schellenberg, Vice President, Digital Solutions, Nabors Industries
- Maryam Schellstede, COO, University Lands
- Ethan Shoemaker, Investment Partner & Head of Infrastructure Credit, Orion Infrastructure Capital
- Carolina Sierra, Director, Technical, First Reserve
- Aaron Smith, Vice President, Engineering, Circle S
- Brendan Smith, Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder, SeekOps Inc.
- Ryan Springmeyer, CFO, Tap Rock Resources
- Andrew Stopka, Director, Engineering & Rig Construction, Patterson-UTI
- Janice Tran, Co-Founder & CEO, Kanin Energy
- Matthew Vining, CEO, Navigator CO2,
- Caleb Weatherl, CEO, Garrison Energy
About Hart Energy: Since 1973, Hart Energy has been the global energy industry’s comprehensive multi-channel network providing news, data, insights, and events. At Hart Energy, our mission is to create, aggregate, organize, and analyze timely and targeted information across platforms in ways that business professionals and investors can trust for making energy-related decisions.
Source: Hart Energy Publishing