Kanin is proud to sponsor ALLY Energy’s event, Energy Workforce of the Future Summit, on Monday, March 6th from 8 am to 2:30 pm CT at the Petroleum Club in Houston, TX. What a great way to kick off CERA Week!
Join Kanin’s team either in person or online, by registering here.
5th Annual Summit: Moving Energy Forward for a Just Transition & Transformation: Pre-COVID-19, ALLY Energy convened 80 companies, affinity networks, associations, and schools across the spectrum to discuss the future of the industry’s workforce and the need to prepare for the multi-decade energy transition ahead of the industry. We landed on four guiding principles:
- Attraction – We will invest in energy literacy and develop an Industry Value Proposition. To remain competitive, America must shore up its human capital infrastructure
- Retention – We will prepare the workforce for the energy transition. Companies, academia, and the public sector will define pathways and skills.
- Culture – We will develop an inclusive and sustainable workforce. We’ll work together to build a welcoming culture into the industry.
- Community – We will share best practices across the energy industry with the recognition that together we move faster, and will go further.
The utility of a “just transition” lens has come into sharper focus. The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of transitioning the energy economy, and the need for unprecedented collaboration on technology, policy, capital, and workforce. The Energy Workforce of the Future™ (EWOTF) is an initiative to make this happen. It is a guiding strategy that will enable a lower carbon and more sustainable future through workforce development strategies across oil and gas, power and utilities, renewables, and climate technology. At this year’s summit, we’ll unveil the Energy Workforce Outlook study.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Christine Todd Whitman, Co-Chair of The Forward Party, Former Administrator of the US EPA, and former Governor of New Jersey
- Dr. Vanessa Chan, Chief Commercialization Officer, US DOE
- Katie Mehnert, CEO of ALLY Energy
- Regina Mayor, Global Energy Partner, KPMG
- Claire Johnson, COO, Fermatta Energy, and Advisor
- Paula Glover, President, Alliance to Save Energy and Board Member of Talos Energy
- Kevin Taylor, Interim CEO and CFO of Greentown Labs
- Dr. Jennifer Holmgren, CEO of Lanzatech
- Trevor Best, CEO of Syzygy Plasmonics
- Amy Henry, CEO and Co-Founder, Eunike Ventures
- Shalena Shaheed, Recruitment Director, NES Fircroft
- Fred Navarre, Director of Engagement, ALLY Energy
About ALLY Energy: ALLY’s mission is to accelerate connections, careers, and skills for an equitable energy transition, by giving professionals a community to find everything they need to be successful in their careers. They work with organizations that are committed to diversity and inclusion, providing them a framework to become a leader in ESG, attract top talent, build amazing culture, and retain high performers.